The Viyug, welcomes your Contribution. If you are interested in writing for The Viyug, Please carefully read the following guidelines. Contribution of pieces like articles and unsolicited manuscripts upon submission will be reviewed on a regular basis. Please send in your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘article for submission’.
The submissions in form of analysis, research papers, and commentary on International Relations, Military Affairs, World Politics, Security Studies and a wide range of issues relating to global significance will be featured on The Viyug’s website. We encourage submissions from young authors and our platform will serve as a great kickstarter to their research career.
- Commentaries– A brief of 800-1500 word submission that aims to provide a particular perspective or opinion on a subject matter. The opinions are author’s personal or informed one.
- Analyses– A brief of 750-1500 words which throws light on a comprehensive/Scholarly perspective on that subject matter. Author’s personal opinions should not be reflected here.
- Issue Brief– A more detailed analysis around 3500-5000 words reflecting a detailed outcome of the chosen subject.
- Rebuttals: These range from 500-1000 words which reflects commentaries of a writer to the one that has already been published in The Viyug.
(Important Note: As of now we do not pay for the articles contributed to our web edition. We do give payments to the writers for contents contributed towards print edition. The payments are out of our own pockets so make note that you don’t expect high remunerations, rather take it on a positive note that here at The Viyug we highly value your work and time spent).
Editorial Guidelines and Instructions
- Please Submit your contribution in form of Word Document. No other formats will be accepted.
- Submissions are accepted on the assumption that they have not previously published elsewhere either in whole or part. If you want to contribute such published articles please contact us through email.
- In-line hyperlinks are mandatory in acknowledging sources. Use either scholarly journals, credible periodicals and newspapers as sources. Every piece of submission undergoes fact check.
- British English spelling and terminology should be used.
- Plagiarism (even inadvertent) will not be tolerated.
- Please include your full name and title with a short biography (100 words maximum) and a photo.
Our resources which might be helpful for you;
- Click here to download our Multimedia Attributions Guide.
- Submissions Guide (Ancillary Document). Click here to download.
- Click here to access our Style Guide.
(Note: Contribution entries are closed for strategic affairs digest- 2022. Current year’s issue has been finalised. So we do not accept submissions for print edition right now)
The Viyug readers are well-informed, intelligent individuals with a wide range of interests. They are not necessarily specialists in international affairs (though many are). Our readers want to be provoked by smart, fresh takes on the world and rigorous analysis presented in clear, accessible prose. The ideal Viyug’s article for print edition strikes a balance: It should spark debate among specialists but also engage and inform a general interest reader. Articles should be driven by data and original reportage.
Read our site. It’s the best way to sense what we like and publish. Avoid the obvious such as blunt topics. We publish almost none of them. Connect the dots. The Viyug focuses on why what happens “there” matters “here” — and vice versa. So it’s a good idea that contributors pitch us their idea before contributing to our print edition and we will revert back with comments and payment. (same editorial guidelines mentioned for web edition is to be followed).
We have resumed the production of printing physical copies while retaining our focus in creating more and more digital media contents. Apart from the website, the print edition and e-books are published in (Amazon) Kindle and Apple Books, and prominent online bookshelves. The Viyug expands its book distributors to gain new and wider readership.
Any queries can be mailed to the editor at email@example.com
Follow us on Social
Get in touch
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com